This policy applies to Safeway Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries in the USA
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
1. We will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer's purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero; if application of the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price (our customer cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase).
2. Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. We will accept only coupons issued by Safeway or the manufacturer of the relevant product. We will not accept photocopies of coupons.
3. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
4. Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
5. Coupons have no cash value.
6. Safeway will not accept manufacturer
coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through a
Catalina or other in-store coupon dispenser) that display another
retailer's logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item
with the same product identifiers as the product included in our
customer's purchase transaction and is sold and available at the store.
7. We will not accept coupons unless they
have an expiration date. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
8. We will not accept coupons that, in the
determination of Safeway personnel, appear distorted or blurry or are
altered in any way.
9. Sales taxes will be applied in
accordance with the law of the applicable state, regardless of any
coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
10. All applicable bottle and packaging
deposits on the purchased and free items must be paid by the customer.
11. Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
12. Purchase reward thresholds (if any)
will be calculated based upon customer's final price (after
deducting Club Card savings and all other discounts and savings)
before deductions for any manufacturer coupons. As an example (and not
as an offer), if a $10 minimum purchase is required for a customer
reward, a customer's order at full retail would be $12, a Club
Card discount of $1.75 applies, and a manufacturer's coupon of $1
applies, the customer would be given credit for a $10.25 purchase, and
would be eligible for the reward (assuming compliance with all other
requirements) even though the customer's cash payment would be only
$9.25. The manufacturer's coupon would not be deducted from the
total for purposes of determining reward eligibility. Purchase reward
thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer's
final price (after deducting Club Card savings, and all other
13. References to a threshold purchase
requirement will exclude purchases of: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Tobacco
Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated Dairy Section
(including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes), Prescription Items and
Co-payments, Bus/Commuter Passes, Fishing/Hunting Licenses and Tags,
Postage Stamps, Money Orders, Money Transfers, Ski Tickets, Amusement
Park Tickets, Event Tickets, Lottery Tickets, Phone Cards, Gift Cards,
and Gift Certificates; also excluded are: Bottle Deposits, Redemption
Values, and Sales Taxes.
Internet Printed Coupons:
14. We accept internet printed coupons. The
same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet
15. Internet printed coupons must be capable of scanning at checkout.
16. Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
17. Manufacturer internet printed coupons
must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must
have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
18. We will not accept "free product" internet printed manufacturer coupons.
Load to Card Club Coupons:
19. Internet and digital coupons that have been
electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically
redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been
entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons
that are loaded to a club card. Internet and digital coupons
electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are not included in any
operative "double coupon" or other increase in coupon value promotion.
Coupons are not accepted on online shopping orders made on
Safeway.com, except Internet and digital coupons that have been
electronically loaded the 'Safeway Club Card' being used for that
Doubling of Coupons:
20. Check with your local store regarding "double
coupon" promotions where customers will receive double the
manufacturer coupon face value off the regular or club card price up
to the identified limit. Not all locations offer double coupon
promotions and the terms of such promotions may differ by time and
store. Limitations and restrictions for double coupon promotions may
change at any time. Changes will be posted in store only. "Double
coupon" promotions do not apply to any internet or digital coupons
except for applicable internet printed manufacturer coupons. These
explanations and restrictions on "double coupons" apply to any
promotion that increases the value of a manufacturer coupon beyond its
21. Safeway does not allow a customer to
redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a
22. Coupon stacking policies for
manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have
been loaded to a club card.
23. If a customer presents two coupons for
the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest
discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer
24. Rainchecks are for one time use only.
25. Rainchecks expire ninety (90) days from
the date issued and will be accepted at any Safeway store that has the
specific item in stock.
26. We reserve the right to limit Raincheck
quantities based on product availability and advertised limits.
27. Rainchecks can be issued for up to six
(6) items unless otherwise stated in the applicable advertisement.
28. Rainchecks will not be issued for Beer, Wine,
Spirits, Tobacco Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated
Dairy Section (including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes).
29. Rainchecks can be offered for store
super coupon items unless otherwise specified on the coupon.
Rainchecks will not be provided for items advertised as "clearance",
"while supplies last," "limited quantities," or other designation
indicating a limited supply.
All coupon redemption terms are subject to our
Coupon Acceptance Policy in effect at time of redemption. We may
change the terms of our Coupon Acceptance Policy at any time. Such
changes may become effective without advance notice or advertisement.
The current Coupon Acceptance Policy will be posted at the customer
service area in each store. You are also advised to periodically check
our website for any changes to the terms of our Coupon Acceptance