Killer Beef Chili
Every cook needs a go-to chili recipe! We’ve got one for the books. Lean beef with pico de gallo and spices makes a quick and hearty chili that your family and friends will request for years to come. Create a new classic at home with this unique meal.
Total cook time
- 1 lb. lean (93/7) ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (divided into 1/2 tsp. and 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can O Organics™ Tomato Paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans O Organics™ Pinto Beans
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo (from produce section)
- 2 cups water
Spray a 5-quart pot with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium high heat, brown ground beef, seasoning with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, about 4-5 minutes.
Add garlic into beef and cook for about 30 seconds. Push all ingredients to one side of the pan and add chili powder to cleared side. Stir to toast the seasoning, about 30 seconds. Add tomato paste to chili powder and toast, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, stirring thoroughly to combine. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from heat and add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.