Slow Cooker Beef & Vegetable Soup
Fill your kitchen with the smell of simmering stew! Load up the slow cooker with beef, veggies and a bit of thyme and wait for the delicious scent of beef and veggies to waft from the countertop. Cook for five hours then serve with crusty bread.
5 hour, 10 mins
Total cook time
- 1 lb O Organics® ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion (diced)
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups sliced zucchini (cut into half-rounds)
- 2 cups corn (either sliced off the cob or frozen)
- 2 can O Organics® fire-roasted tomatoes small bunch fresh thyme (still on stems)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 32 oz O Organics® beef broth
In a slow cooker, add ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Next, layer in the following ingredients: onion, lentils, zucchini, corn, tomatoes, thyme and salt. Pour in beef broth, stirring gently.
Set slow cooker to high heat for 5 hours. Stir periodically. Turn off heat, remove stems of thyme and serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.