California Roll Poke Bowl
You don’t have to travel to the West Coast for our California Roll Poke Bowl! Make it a vegan dish or a meatlover’s delight by substituting tempeh or tofu, steak or salmon for the crab or lobster.
Total cook time
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame (cooked in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, (available in the freezer section))
- 1/2 cup crab meat or imitation crab or lobster (bite size pieces firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 individual package ((.28 ounces) seaweed crispy snacks)
- toasted sesame seeds or black sesame seeds
- soy sauce glaze (available in bottles)
Lime Wasabi Sauce: (recipe good for about 4 poke bowls)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut Greek yogurt (plain Greek can be substituted with a couple drops of coconut extract)
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 3/4 tsp Wasabi powder
- pinch salt (add more to taste optional)
Arrange brown rice, edamame, crab or lobster, and avocado in quarters in your individual bowl. Position the seaweed snacks in strips or pieces on top or on the side of the bowl.
In small bowl, blend yogurt with lime, wasabi powder and a dash of salt.
Drizzle the Lime Wasabi Sauce and optional soy sauce glaze over the top of your bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.