Chipotle Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowl
This chipotle-flavored burrito bowl recipe is even better than takeout and just as fast. Loading it with vegetables and using quinoa in place of rice adds nutrition for a healthy dinner.
Total cook time
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce,
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil,
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder,
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin,
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast,
- ¼ teaspoon salt,
- 2 cups cooked quinoa,
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce,
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, , rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced,
- ¼ cup prepared pico de gallo or other salsa,
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese,
- Lime wedges for serving,
Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler to high.
Combine chipotles, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
Oil the grill rack or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes. Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
Assemble each burrito bowl with 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other salsa) and 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.