Southwestern Salmon Cobb Salad
Here’s a healthy twist on a classic Cobb salad recipe: we skip the bacon, getting smoky flavor from chipotle peppers instead, and add salmon for a power-protein kick. Look for small cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with Mexican foods at large supermarkets.
Total cook time
- 1¼ pounds wild Alaskan salmon, , skinned
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotles, plus 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo, , divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, , divided
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream,
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar,
- 2 tablespoons water,
- 10 cups mixed salad greens,
- 1 avocado, , diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, , halved
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese,
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Cut salmon into 4 equal portions. Brush with adobo sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Oil the grill rack. Grill the salmon, turning once, until opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
Combine sour cream, vinegar, water, minced chipotle and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Toss greens in a large bowl with 1/2 cup of the dressing.
Divide the greens and salmon among 4 plates. Top with avocado, tomatoes and blue cheese. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.