Crawfish Tacos with Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
We’re obsessed with freshness and flavor, and this recipe is full of both. Add a taste of Louisiana to your tacos with crawfish, a delicacy in the bayous of The Pelican State. Layered with veggies and dressed with a tangy, creamy avocado tomatillo salsa, you can’t go wrong with this quick and tasty meal.
- 2 cups 3/4lb crawfish tails
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups green cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onion (thinly cut)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup poblano pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 7 ounces green tomatillo salsa
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 cup Lucerne® sour cream
Season crawfish tails with salt and pepper, dress with canola oil.
Sautee for 2-3 minutes over medium heat or until fully cooked. Set aside for tacos.
Combine cabbage, green onion, cilantro, poblano pepper. Set aside.
Combine avocados and salsa in blender. Pulse-blend a couple of times.
Add lime juice, cilantro, garlic and sour cream. Process until smooth, scrape into bowl and salt to taste.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.